Pan Malaysian Sweeps Sdn Bhd (“PMS”) was incorporated in Malaysia on 4 July 1988 and commenced operations on 1 February 1989. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd. The principal activities of PMS are distribution and promotion of sweepstake tickets under the brand name of “Big Sweep” and are governed by the Racing Club (Public Sweepstakes) Act 1965. PMS is registered for Service Tax (Service Tax No. W10-1808-31040020).
Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd is a private investment holding company incorporated in Malaysia. Its registered address office is at Level 39, Menara Maxis, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
All surpluses from Big Sweep will be donated to Yu Cai Foundation ("YCF"), a charitable organisation dedicated to nurturing talent through education.
YCF is a charitable initiative by Mr. Ananda Krishnan Tatparanandam and Usaha Tegas Group. YCF was officially launched on 28 January 2015.
Sweepstake Lottery Operations
Big Sweep is a sweepstake lottery managed and promoted by PMS and it is the only operations of its kind in Malaysia. It is a game of chance whereby a series of pre-printed tickets are offered for sale to the public through appointed agents.
The inaugural draw was conducted on 18 March 1989 and to-date over 400 draws had been conducted with more than 2.8 billion tickets sold.
The key features of Big Sweep are as follows:
- 7 million tickets are printed for sale each draw.
- A Main Draw game of matching the winning numbers that are based on the result of a horse race.
- Also with an instant "Scratch and Match" game of matching the outcome of the scratch against the pre-determined combinations of 3-digit numbers and an image of a Car.
- Each ticket is priced at RM3.00, inclusive of Gaming Tax and Service Tax.
- A draw number and a draw-date for a particular series of tickets are printed on the front of each ticket.
- Draws are conducted once every three weeks.
- On the draw-date, winning tickets are drawn in a presence of the public at a selected Turf Club that is located in Penang, Perak and Selangor, Malaysia.
- The draw results are relayed to all major dailies for publication on the following day.